I have been a registered clinical supervisor with the British Association for Music Therapy since 2012 and am currently an external supervisor for various music therapy charities and community music organisations.
I am available to offer clinical supervision or consultations for Music Therapists or community music practitioners. I offer a non-judgemental space which supports supervisees to explore aspects of their practice as desired, whether broad or specific. My approach is informed by my integrative background and own experiences of high quality, supportive supervision.
Special areas of interest include the following:
- Working with client groups, including people with learning disabilities, challenging behavior/emotional and behavioral difficulties, autism, people on the autistic spectrum disorders, communication difficulties, attachment issues.
- All aspects of setting up a freelance practice including – contracting, service development etc.
- The broader picture, including the impact of workplace dynamics and role of the therapist/practitioner within the wider context.
- The various levels of self-care which support the work of the therapist or practitioner
- Broader issues relating to career sustainability or development.
I have extensive experience as a trainer with the charity Music as Therapy International, teaching the benefits of therapeutic music-making, (rather than a training in Music Therapy) to various different staff groups overseas. I am now available to provide one-off workshops or training sessions to individuals or staff groups interested in how the principles of Music Therapy might be applied to support their work with clients. Please contact me for further details.